EAST BRIDGEWATER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Regular School Committee
September 27, 2017
Time: 6:00 P.M. Executive Session
Time: 6:30 P.M. Regular Meeting
Place: East Bridgewater Junior/Senior High School
Anne Kenneally Hynes Library
- Time has been scheduled for the purpose of hearing a Level III grievance filed by the East Bridgewater Education Association. (materials enclosed)
- Action is required by the School Committee to approve the minutes from the June 8, 2017 Executive Session. (material enclosed)
- Time has been scheduled Senator Walter Timilty to present a Citation to George McCabe.
Report of the Standing Committees:
- Policy Sub-Committee update – no update, September 19th meeting was cancelled by Jim Hardy.
- Budget Process Task Force to discuss copy of draft letter to Board of Selectmen. (material enclosed)
Superintendent Legault’s Community Corner:
- Credit for Life Grant - $2,500 (material enclosed)
- Update on school opening.
- Update on Lenovo Chromebooks.
- F18 Fall Coach Appointments. (material enclosed)
- FY18 Advisor Appointments. (material enclosed)
- Community Forum with Acting Commissioner of DESE, Jeff Wolfson. (material enclosed)
- FY18 School Committee strategic plan and business meeting calendar. (material enclosed)
- FY18 Homecoming Bonfire, October 19th @ 5:30 PM.
Reports & Discussions:
- Brian Duffey, EBJSHS Principal and Patrick Leonard, Athletic Director will discuss with the School Committee JV Sports. (material enclosed)
- Brian Duffey, EBJSHS Principal, will address the scheduling.
- Brian Duffey, EBJSHS Principal, will discuss gym credit for participating in Drama.
- Superintendent Legault will discuss the first steps of FY19 Budget process.
- John Shea will discuss revolving accounts and table comparison of smaller districts. (material enclosed)
- John Shea will discuss the agreed upon Procedures Report on the School Department’s End of Year Pupil and Financial Report for fiscal 2016. (material enclosed)
- Action is required on the School Committee Meeting minutes from the August 24, 2017. (material enclosed)
- Action is required, after review, to approve accounts payable warrants 10V dated 8/30/17 and 12V dated 9/13/17 and 14V dated 9/27/17. (material enclosed)
- Action is required on payroll warrants 11PS dated 9/6/17 and 13PS dated 9/20/17.
- Consideration of and vote to send letter to the Board of Selectmen regarding the School Committee’s budget and the warrant for town meeting.
- Gina Williams, Assistant Superintendent, has reviewed the home education plans for the attached list of students for the 2017/2018 school year. Superintendent Legault recommends approval of the home education plans.. (material enclosed)
- Action is required to accept the very generous donation from the District Attorney’s Office for the Start Viking Strong 9th Grade Program. This donation is to be used to offset the expense that accrued to hold the program at Stonehill College on August 24, 2017, specifically T-Shirts, certificates and Trainer/Facilitator. (material enclosed)
- Action is required to vote to approve or not approve JV Sports student placement.
*** The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair
which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may
in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be
brought up for