Open Burning Permit Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: When can I obtain an open burning permit?
Answer: An open burning permit may be obtained beginning
January 15th. The last day to obtain an open burning permit is April 30th. The open burning season runs annually from January 15th until April 30th.
- Question: How long is the open burning permit good for?
Answer: A permit is given for the season. Each day a homeowner wishes to conduct open burning, they must login to GeoTMS to see if activation of the permit will be granted due to atmospheric and fire safety conditions on that particular day. If that is the case, permit will then be activated.
- Question: Where may I obtain an open burning permit?
Answer: Open burning registrations may be obtained on line at www.eastbridgewaterma.org twenty-four (24) hours a day seven (7) days a week, click on Burning Permits.
- Question: I don’t have access to a computer or e-mail, where can I apply?
Answer: You may obtain an open burning permit at the Fire Department during normal business hours.
- Question: What is the cost of the permit? Answer: There is no fee for the permit.
- Question: How do I register for GeoTMS?
Answer: You can register on the Town of East Bridgewater website.
- Question: Once I make a profile do I need to do it again?
Answer: You will only need to create one login for the system. You can use that same login for other reference numbers or permits in the future. Electrical, plumbing and a myriad of permits will be accessible online in the not too distant future.
- Question: I obtained an open burning permit how do I activate it?
Answer: An open burning permit must be activated daily. The permit will deactivate at the end of the day, until you wish to activate the permit again another day.
Logging into GeoTMS and activating your permit, follow the link in the email that will be sent to you. If you don’t have an email account you will need to call 508-378-2071.
- Question: What happens next year?
Answer: One advantage to signing up online is that the system will send out a request to obtain an open air burning reference number in January of every year.